metro
Police arrest man with fresh human head in Edo
Police arrest man with fresh human head in Edo
The police have arrested a 27-year-old man identified as Uwadiae Airebiuwa, with fresh human head in Edo State.
It was gathered that the suspect was arrested by the police on March 7, 2025, at Igbinudu Street, Evbuotubu Quarters, Oredo local government of the state.
The state command’s spokesperson, Moses Yamu, said the suspect was arrested by operatives of the Evbuotubu police division in collaboration with the local vigilante.
“While on patrol of the area, the police intercepted and arrested one Uwadiae Airebiuwa, 27, of Igbinudu Street, Evbuotubu Quarters, in possession of a fresh human head contained in a polythene bag.
READ ALSO:
- Panic at King’s College Lagos over diphtheria outbreak
- ALGON drags FG, states to court over local govt funding, autonomy
- No mercy abroad – Dele Momodu warns Nigerians planning to japa
He said during interrogation, the suspect took the security operatives to a decapitated body of a man dumped along the road near Eweka Shopping Plaza.
“The deceased, later identified by a family member as Edobor Lawrence, 43, of No. 1 Osagie Street, Evbuotubu Quarters, was evacuated to the hospital for preservation while investigation continues”.
He said the commissioner of police, Betty Otimenyin, condoled with family of the deceased, assuring that the command would not rest until all those involved in this heinous crime are brought to book.
“The advised young persons to seek legitimate means of making money rather than venturing into crime”.
Police arrest man with fresh human head in Edo
metro
FCT Polls: S’Court, A’Court Defy Wike’s Public Holiday, Continue Judicial Activities
FCT Polls: S’Court, A’Court Defy Wike’s Public Holiday, Continue Judicial Activities
The Supreme Court of Nigeria and the Court of Appeal Nigeria on Friday continued judicial activities despite a public holiday declared by FCT Minister Nyesom Wike ahead of the FCT Area Council elections in Abuja.
At the apex court, Justices heard cases earlier fixed for hearing, while panels of the Court of Appeal delivered rulings and judgments in several matters, including commercial and contract disputes. Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs) and other lawyers were present in court, underscoring the independence of the judiciary despite the declared holiday.
In contrast, judicial activities at lower courts in the FCT were largely paralysed. The FCT High Court fully complied with the public holiday directive and shut down operations. Meanwhile, courtrooms at the Federal High Court near the Ministry of Justice headquarters were opened, but no judges sat, leaving matters unattended.
READ ALSO:
- Lassa Fever Deaths in Nigeria Rise to 51 After 15 Killed in Early February – NCDC
- Mob Kills Injured Motorcycle Rider After AK‑47 Rifles, Ammunition Found in Crash Scene
- Tacha Condemns False Rape Allegations After Mirabel Admits Fabrication
Wike had earlier declared Friday a work-free day in the Federal Capital Territory to allow residents participate in the Area Council elections scheduled for Saturday. The declaration was accompanied by a restriction of movement, which authorities said was aimed at ensuring security and orderly conduct of the polls.
However, the decision triggered strong criticism from civil society organisations, who described it as arbitrary, disruptive and lacking legal precedent. The Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) said no clear legal or administrative justification was provided for what it termed a sweeping shutdown of Abuja.
In a statement signed by PLAC Executive Director Clement Nwankwo, the organisation acknowledged that encouraging voter participation is legitimate but stressed that governance actions must remain lawful, proportionate and consultative.
PLAC added that the sudden public holiday disrupted businesses, schools and workplaces across the FCT, affecting students, workers and entrepreneurs, and creating what it described as avoidable anxiety rather than confidence in the electoral process.
The development has renewed debate over the limits of executive authority, the autonomy of the judiciary, and the need for transparent decision-making during elections in Nigeria.
FCT Polls: S’Court, A’Court Defy Wike’s Public Holiday, Continue Judicial Activities
metro
Mob Kills Injured Motorcycle Rider After AK‑47 Rifles, Ammunition Found in Crash Scene
Mob Kills Injured Motorcycle Rider After AK‑47 Rifles, Ammunition Found in Crash Scene
A motorcycle accident in Niger State turned deadly when an injured rider was beaten to death by a mob after a sack recovered from the crash scene was found to contain three AK‑47 rifles, six magazines, and 104 rounds of ammunition, police have confirmed. The incident occurred on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, along the Boyi‑Sarki/Toll Gate area in Suleja, as the riders travelled from Tafa in Kaduna State towards Abuja.
According to the Niger State Police Command, two men on a motorcycle collided with a road construction/diversion barrier in a lone accident. One rider died instantly from injuries sustained in the crash, while the second, who was injured, was lynched by a crowd that had gathered under the guise of helping. Both corpses were later taken to the General Hospital morgue in Suleja.
READ ALSO:
- Tacha Condemns False Rape Allegations After Mirabel Admits Fabrication
- UK Court Hands Life Sentence to Nigerian Teen for Knife Attack Killing
- Ogun Gov Rewards Nigeria’s Best Primary School Teacher with Car, Bungalow
Police confirmed that a sack belonging to the victims contained three AK‑47 rifles, six magazines, and 104 rounds of live ammunition, raising concerns about illegal firearms trafficking and potential criminal activity along the busy Kaduna‑Abuja corridor.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Adamu Abdullahi Elleman, condemned the act of jungle justice, stating that the injured rider could have assisted police in tracing the source of the weapons and exposing criminal networks. CP Elleman directed the Area Commander in Suleja to conduct a thorough investigation and arrest the perpetrators. The recovered rifles are currently undergoing ballistic analysis for further investigation.
The Niger State Police Command emphasised that mob justice endangers lives, obstructs investigations, and undermines the rule of law. Authorities called on citizens to report crimes and suspicious activities to law enforcement rather than resorting to violence.
Security analysts warn that incidents like this highlight broader challenges in parts of northern Nigeria, including illegal arms proliferation, mob violence, and the risks of self-help justice. Communities are urged to cooperate with law enforcement to ensure public safety and accountability.
Mob Kills Injured Motorcycle Rider After AK‑47 Rifles, Ammunition Found in Crash Scene
metro
Police Bust Gang Armoury, Arrest Two Suspects in Delta
Police Bust Gang Armoury, Arrest Two Suspects in Delta
The Delta State Police Command has made a major breakthrough in its fight against armed gangs and violent crime by arresting two suspected armed robbers and uncovering a gang armoury containing locally fabricated firearms and ammunition.
According to the Command, the operation reflects a renewed commitment to dismantle criminal networks, recover illegal weapons, and ensure public safety. Commissioner of Police Aina Adesola stated that the Command “remains resolute in dismantling criminal networks, mopping up illegal firearms, and ensuring that perpetrators of violent crimes are brought to justice.”
The raid followed intelligence-led investigations that led operatives of the Special Assignment Team (CP‑SAT), under ASP Julius Robinson, to a suspected criminal hideout along the Sapele–Warri Road near Adeje Community in the early hours of February 19, 2026. The operation was linked to the interrogation of 25-year-old Dafiaga Timothy from Effurun, allegedly associated with a gang terrorising commuters along the Warri–Sapele axis.
READ ALSO:
- Peter Obi Launches ‘Village Boys Movement’ to Rival Tinubu’s City Boys Ahead of 2027
- Woman Dies in Bandits’ Camp After Family Pays ₦25 Million Ransom
- Reno Omokri Alleges El-Rufai, Sons Linked to Dadiyata’s Disappearance
Police recovered a locally fabricated long gun, a cut-to-size firearm, and a Beretta-style pistol loaded with five rounds of live ammunition, along with ten additional cartridges and a dagger. The Command described the seizure as a major disruption to the operational capability of the gang, while investigations continue to identify other suspects and trace the source of the arsenal.
In a related operation on February 18, 2026, officers from the Area Command in Warri intercepted a tricycle along the Agbarho/Warri Expressway. Two occupants fled, but the driver, Aliyu Sabo, 25, was arrested. A search uncovered a locally fabricated pistol, one live cartridge, one expended cartridge, and several other items, including mobile devices and a bag suspected to be linked to criminal activity. Sabo remains in custody as police work to apprehend his accomplices.
The Delta State Police emphasized that these operations form part of a broader campaign to curb violent crime, illegal firearms proliferation, and gang-related activities across the state. Authorities have urged residents to remain security-conscious and report credible information that could aid ongoing investigations.
The discovery is expected to have a significant impact on reducing armed robberies and cult-related violence, particularly along high-risk corridors such as Sapele–Warri Road and Agbarho/Warri Expressway, which have long been affected by criminal syndicates.
Police Bust Gang Armoury, Arrest Two Suspects in Delta
-
International2 days agoCanada Opens New Express Entry Draw for Nigerian Workers, Others
-
Politics15 hours agoPeter Obi Launches ‘Village Boys Movement’ to Rival Tinubu’s City Boys Ahead of 2027
-
News22 hours agoPolice to Arrest TikToker Mirabel After She Recants False Rape Claim
-
News3 days agoKorope Drivers Shut Down Lekki–Epe Expressway Over Lagos Ban (Video)
-
Health3 days agoRamadan Health Tips: Six Ways to Stay Hydrated While Fasting
-
Entertainment3 days agoActress Destiny Etiko Breaks Silence on Alleged Nollywood Betrayal
-
metro2 days agoOsun Awards 55.6km Iwo–Osogbo–Ibadan Road Project to Three Contractors
-
International24 hours agoEpstein, Ex-Israeli PM Named in Alleged Profiteering From Boko Haram Crisis


