Police inaugurate special investigation team over MohBad’s death – Newstrends
Connect with us

metro

Police inaugurate special investigation team over MohBad’s death

Published

on

Police inaugurate special investigation team over MohBad’s death

The Lagos State Police Command has inaugurated a 13-man special investigation team to probe the mysterious death of Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.

Mohbad a former signee of Marlian Records owned by Azeez Faashola, popularly known as Naira Marley, died last Tuesday at the age of 27.

A report sent by the spokesman of the Lagos State Police Command, Benjamin Hundeyin, on Monday said the command decided to investigate Mohbad’s death in the overriding public interest.

The report said the work of the team would include exhumation, scene visit, autopsy, medical report and statements of suspects, witnesses, adding that interim report should be ready in two weeks.

READ ALSO:

Assistant Commissioner of Police Saheed Kazeem will head the investigation team, which has other four team leaders to lead probe into aspects of the investigation.

According to the report, the command made available three-man legal team and three-man forensic team for the Kazeem-led team.

“The team is to unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the victim, identify witnesses, culprits (if any) and any other person that will be helpful in the investigation process and deploy processes and any other technological tools to aid the investigative course in line with the relevant provisions of the Nigeria constitution and state laws,” the report added.

Police inaugurate special investigation team over MohBad’s death

metro

Confusion in Kano emirate as Ado Bayero and Sanusi celebrate court order

Published

on

Confusion in Kano emirate as Ado Bayero and Sanusi celebrate court order

 

The ruling by a Federal High Court in Kano State on Thursday on the Emir of Kano’s dispute has compounded the crisis it was meant to resolve.

Indeed, both removed Emir Aminu Ado Bayero and reinstated Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II are celebrating, claiming victory that the court ruled in their favour.

Justice Abdullahi Mohammed Liman in his ruling on Thursday ordered that the status quo be maintained. No details were given

He went ahead to uphold the action of the Kano State House of Assembly repealing the Emirate Law which brought in Emir Ado Bayero and creation of four Emirates in the state but faulted the state governor Abbah Yusuf’s subsequent actions for not following due process.

Justice Liman declared, “I hereby order that every step taken by the government is hereby nullified and becomes null and invalid and that this does not affect the validity of the repealed Emirates Law but actions taken by the governor, which include the assenting to the law and the reappointment (of Sanusi).

“I have listened to the audio of the governor both in Hausa and English after assenting to the law, and I am convinced that the respondents are aware of the order of maintaining status quo pending the hearing and determination of the motions on notice in the court.

“Having been satisfied that the respondents are aware of the court order, the court in exercise of its powers set aside an action, because it is in violation of the court’s order.

“I think it is a very serious matter for anyone to flout the orders of the court and go scot-free with it.”

The Kano State Governor in its reaction after the court ruling said Sanusi remained Emir of Kano.

The state government maintained that by the court’s pronouncement, it recognised Sanusi as the 16th Emir of Kano because his reinstatement had been done before a controversial interim order, which the court alleged the governor flouted in assenting to the Kano Emirates Council (Repeal) Bill 2024.

Liman held that the defendants were aware of the interim order granted by the court, but chose to ignore it and went ahead with implementation of the law.

The judge stated that every aspect of the process undertaken by the Assembly to refill the 2024 law was null and void, saying he would assume his coercive powers to enforce compliance with his order.

Respected lawyers including Liborous Oshoma have questioned the Justice Liman’s order, interpreting it to mean giving something with one hand and taking it back with the other hand.

Continue Reading

metro

Bandits murder man considered rude during negotiation in Kaduna

Published

on

Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of Kaduna State Police Command, ASP Mansir Hassan

Bandits murder man considered rude during negotiation in Kaduna

Bandits have shot dead a 27-year-old man, identified as Abba, after he delivered a N16 million ransom and three motorcycles to them for the release of nine victims they abducted in Jere town in Kaduna State.

Bandits invaded some houses at Unguwar Iya in Jere on April 16, 2024, abducted nine residents and demanded N30 million.

A resident, Shuaibu Hussaini, confirmed the killing of Abba while speaking through telephone with our reporter on Wednesday.

He said the incident happened last Saturday after the victim, who was behind the negotiation of the ransom, went to deliver N16 million and three motorcycles to the leader of the bandits at a location in the area.

READ ALSO:

He said the bandits’ leader, after collecting the ransom and the bikes, tied the deceased with a rope and opened fire on him.

“It was one of the victims who was among those released who said the bandits’ leader claimed that they decided to kill Abba for being rude to him during negotiation of the ransom.

“It was when one of the family members of the victims tried to find out the whereabouts of Abba after delivering the ransom that the bandits’ leader asked the family to go to a particular location and pick his corpse,” he said.

Hussaini, who said the death of the deceased had thrown not only Abba’s into mourning, but Jere chiefdom was also pained by the killing of the deceased.

The spokesman of the Kaduna State Police Command, ASP Hassan Mansur, was yet to confirm the development.

Bandits murder man considered rude during negotiation in Kaduna

(Daily Trust)

Continue Reading

metro

BREAKING: Court scraps Ondo LCDAs

Published

on

BREAKING: Court scraps Ondo LCDAs

An Ondo State High Court sitting in Akure has scrapped the 33 Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) created by the administration of late former Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.

It declared the creation as unconstitutional and illegal.

READ ALSO:

Presiding Judge,  Justice A.O Adebusuoye, said the LCDAs were not lawfully created.

BREAKING: Court scraps Ondo LCDAs

Continue Reading

Trending