metro
Lagos govt arraigns Pastor accused of fondling minor’s breast
Lagos govt arraigns Pastor accused of fondling minor’s breast
The Lagos State Government has arraigned a legal practitioner and pastor, Olawale Akanni, popularly known as Bashorun, before an Ikeja High Court over allegations of indecent treatment of a 14-year-old girl.
Akanni was charged with one count of indecent treatment of a child, to which he pleaded not guilty.
State Counsel, Mrs Funmilayo Aluko, informed the court that the alleged offence occurred in 2010 at Iwaya, Lagos, where the defendant was said to have fondled the breast of the minor, who had been placed in his care.
Aluko urged the court to remand the defendant and adjourn the matter for trial. However, defence counsel, Ms Morenikeji Oyekunle, appealed to the court to allow her client to continue enjoying the bail earlier granted by a magistrate’s court, citing his status as a legal practitioner and arguing that he was not a flight risk.
Justice Hakeem Oshodi upheld the existing bail conditions and directed the defence to ensure the defendant’s presence at all subsequent court dates.
READ ALSO:
- BREAKING: Tinubu reverses pardons for convicted kidnappers, fraudsters, others
- Senate confirms Oluyede as Chief of Defence Staff
- NDLEA seizes 384kg of loud, others from Lagos drug party
The prosecution then informed the court that the alleged survivor, now a 27-year-old trader, was present and ready to testify.
In her testimony, the witness recounted that she met the defendant through her father, a member of Akanni’s church. She said she moved into the defendant’s home in 2010 at the age of eight to improve her academic performance and participate in the church choir.
She alleged that while living with the defendant, she was subjected to repeated sexual and physical abuse, including harsh punishments for poor academic performance. She said she eventually fled the house and informed her parents of the abuse.
The witness added that she formally reported the matter in 2023 after learning of a similar incident involving another minor in the same church. Under cross-examination, she revealed that she had initially confided in her class teacher, Mrs Akingbeoyewa, about the alleged abuse.
Following the testimony, the defence requested an adjournment to obtain the Certified True Copy (CTC) of the witness’s evidence. The prosecution objected, citing potential emotional distress to the witness due to further delays.
Justice Oshodi granted the adjournment but invoked Section 193 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Law (ACJL), awarding a cost of N50,000 in favour of the witness, to be paid by the defence before the next trial date.
The case was adjourned until December 9 for continuation of trial.
Lagos govt arraigns Pastor accused of fondling minor’s breast
![]()
metro
Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna
Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna
Published: May 20, 2026 | Read Time: 4 minutes
The Kaduna Police Command has uncovered a shocking case of family betrayal, revealing that an elderly man, Alhaji Rabo Jelani, was allegedly kidnapped twice by his own son and grandson. The suspects reportedly collected a total of N6.5 million in ransom and operated with multiple AK-47 rifles, one of which has been recovered by police.
The Kaduna Police Command announced on Tuesday that Yusuf Rabo (the victim’s son) and Musa Adamu (an accomplice) have been arrested following intensive investigations into the abduction of Alhaji Rabo Jelani, an elderly man from Kaduna State. Both suspects are currently in custody and have been charged with criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, armed robbery, and unlawful possession of firearms. According to police spokesperson DCP Anthony Okon Placid, investigations revealed that Yusuf Rabo allegedly conspired with Musa Adamu and Ali Haruna—the victim’s own grandson—to kidnap the elderly man for ransom. The motive was that the syndicate believed that Alhaji Rabo Jelani possessed substantial wealth and large livestock holdings.
While two suspects are in custody, police have confirmed that Ali Haruna, the victim’s grandson, remains at large. Authorities have launched a manhunt to apprehend the fleeing suspect and recover additional weapons and exhibits connected to the crimes. The Nigeria Police Force has assured the public of sustained intelligence-led operations against violent criminal groups across the country.
READ ALSO:
- CILT President, LASU prof to Headline 2026 Nigeria Transport Lecture on Multi-Modal system
- Rising Inflation Forces CBN to Hold Interest Rate at 26.5%
- Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja
Findings revealed that the victim was abducted on separate occasions and taken to forest hideouts where ransom negotiations were allegedly coordinated by Yusuf Rabo himself. In a chilling twist, the son was reportedly negotiating with his own family for the release of his father while the elderly man was held captive in the forest. The first abduction reportedly yielded a ransom payment of Two Million Naira (N2,000,000) , while a subsequent operation generated Four Million Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N4,500,000) . This brings the total amount extorted from the family to N6.5 million.
Investigations further established that the criminal syndicate procured and deployed multiple AK-47 rifles for their operations. In a shocking revelation, police allege that Ali Haruna (the grandson) supplied one of the firearms belonging to his own father —meaning the grandson allegedly took his father’s rifle to help kidnap his grandfather. Additional weapons were sourced by other members of the gang. During the police operation, authorities successfully recovered one AK-47 rifle with an empty magazine.
The police have also linked the syndicate to several other violent crimes within Kaduna State and surrounding communities. These include the kidnapping of a trader identified as Mr. Iyke and an armed robbery attack along the Kagoma axis where commuters were dispossessed of cash, phones, and other valuables. The suspects are believed to be part of a larger criminal network operating in the area.
The Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Anthony Okon Placid, reaffirmed the Nigeria Police Force’s commitment to tackling violent crime, stating that the Nigeria Police Force remains resolute in dismantling kidnapping and armed robbery networks across the country and assures members of the public of sustained intelligence-led operations against violent criminal groups. The police have confirmed that efforts are ongoing to arrest the fleeing suspect, Ali Haruna, and recover more weapons and items connected to the case.
Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna
![]()
metro
Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi
Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi
Published: May 20, 2026 | Read Time: 4 minutes
Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to Mexico, Reno Omokri, has revealed new details from his 2022 fact-finding mission to Peru, confirming that drug trafficking allegations against Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) presidential candidate Peter Obi are completely false. Omokri’s investigation included visiting a women’s prison in Lima and meeting with Peruvian authorities.
As Nigeria approaches the 2027 general elections, political tensions are already rising. One of the most controversial allegations from the 2023 election cycle has resurfaced: claims that Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, was involved in drug trafficking and sponsored a female courier arrested in Peru. But now, Reno Omokri—a prominent political figure and Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to Mexico—has stepped forward with new details about his personal investigation into the matter. His findings are that the allegations are categorically false. Omokri stated, “I went to the women’s prison in Lima, Peru, with a witness who is still alive and a video camera. I also visited authorities in that country, and confirmed that the story is false.”
Reno Omokri is a bestselling author, former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, and currently Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to Mexico. Despite being a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and supporting Atiku Abubakar in the 2023 election, Omokri has built a reputation for cross-party fact-finding. In September 2022, Omokri traveled to the United States to verify President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s academic records at Chicago State University—a move that resulted in him confirming Tinubu’s attendance and graduation, even though it went against his political interests. From Chicago, Omokri proceeded directly to Peru to investigate separate allegations made by former Niger Delta militant leader Asari Dokubo against Peter Obi.
READ ALSO:
- Elliot Denies Violence Plot as Group Alleges Surulere APC Primary Disruption
- UUTH Raid: EFCC to Discipline Officers as Olukoyede Orders Apology, Full Investigation
- 175 ISIS Terrorists, Top Commanders Killed in 7 Days – DHQ Confirms
Asari Dokubo, a vocal supporter of President Bola Tinubu, repeatedly accused Peter Obi of being a “drug baron” during the 2023 election campaign. Dokubo specifically claimed that a Nigerian woman named Chinenye Ezewuzie was arrested in Peru for drug trafficking, and that the woman allegedly confessed that Peter Obi sponsored, threatened, and forced her to carry drugs. Dokubo further alleged that Obi was implicated during her trial proceedings in a Peruvian court. Dokubo went as far as comparing Obi to Pablo Escobar, the infamous Colombian drug lord, and publicly challenged Obi to take him to court, saying: “If him be president sef, I go pursue am.”
Omokri’s investigation in Peru was thorough and on-the-ground. He revealed that he visited a women’s prison in Lima, the capital of Peru, accompanied by a witness who remains alive today, and recorded the visit with a video camera for documentation. He also met with Peruvian authorities to verify the allegations. According to Omokri, Peruvian officials confirmed that there is no record of any court case or trial in Peru that implicates Peter Obi, there is no evidence linking Obi to any drug trafficking operation in Peru, and the story of a female drug mule sponsored by Obi is completely false. Omokri granted an interview to Arise TV from Cusco, Peru, on Tuesday, November 22, 2022, where he publicly shared his findings and released video documentation from the prison visit.
Perhaps the most striking revelation is Omokri’s claim that he personally contacted Asari Dokubo after completing his investigation. Omokri stated, “I thereafter called you on the phone and told you not to make the allegation anymore, because it was not true, and it is morally wrong to accuse a man of a crime he is innocent of. You may recall that you agreed with me.” Omokri added that Dokubo initially agreed to stop repeating the allegations, which is why Omokri did not pursue the matter further at the time.
Notably, Peter Obi has never visited Peru. According to Valentine Obienyem, Obi’s longtime Special Adviser on Media, “Even before he became Governor, Obi had visited most parts of the world, but not Peru. Till today, he has still not visited the country.” Obienyem also pointed out that no one named Chinenye Ezewuzie exists among the Ezenwuzie family of Agulu, Obi’s hometown—casting further doubt on the accuser’s identity.
With the 2027 general elections approaching, Omokri is urging political actors to avoid recycling debunked allegations. He wrote, “As we approach the 2027 election, please can we all refrain from recycling these allegations, which I have already debunked. I spent my money and time to establish the facts. Nobody gave me a dime. I did this because of patriotism and commitment to justice, even when it is against my political interests.” Omokri emphasized that he personally funded both investigations—the Chicago university records verification and the Peru trip—out of patriotism and commitment to justice, not political gain.
The evidence is clear: After an on-the-ground investigation in Peru, including visits to a women’s prison and meetings with local authorities, Reno Omokri has confirmed that drug trafficking allegations against Peter Obi are false. As Nigeria heads toward 2027, voters deserve fact-based political discourse—not recycled misinformation.
Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi
![]()
metro
Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja
Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja
A tragic case of domestic violence unfolded in the Federal Capital Territory last Friday night, as a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) allegedly stabbed his 53-year-old father to death following a heated argument over money and business mismanagement.
The incident occurred at the family residence located in the upscale Guzape area of Abuja. The deceased has been identified as Mr. Adimike Godwin, a prominent businessman known for his ventures in electrical equipment importation and real estate. The prime suspect is his son, whose name has been withheld by authorities, currently participating in the mandatory one-year NYSC scheme.
According to police sources and family members who spoke with our correspondent, the tragic chain of events began late Friday evening when the corps member returned home from a social outing at a local club. An argument ensued after the young man reportedly accused his father of being “unfair with money.”
READ ALSO:
- Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi
- Elliot Denies Violence Plot as Group Alleges Surulere APC Primary Disruption
- UUTH Raid: EFCC to Discipline Officers as Olukoyede Orders Apology, Full Investigation
Witnesses disclosed that the suspect compared his father unfavorably to the parents of his friends, whom he claimed were more financially generous. The dispute quickly escalated from verbal accusations to a physical confrontation when the suspect allegedly brought up the issue of mismanaged business funds.
In a fit of rage, the corps member is said to have retrieved a knife and stabbed his father three times. Neighbors, alerted by the commotion, rushed to the scene and found Mr. Godwin lying in a pool of blood. He was immediately transported to Karu General Hospital, where medical personnel pronounced him dead upon arrival.
The FCT Police Command confirmed the incident on Saturday. In a statement, the Command’s Public Relations Officer noted that the Commissioner of Police had ordered an immediate and discreet investigation into the matter. As part of the inquiry, five suspects have been taken into custody, including a relative who was present in the house at the time of the attack. The corps member is reportedly among those detained.
Further investigations revealed that the deceased had traveled from Lagos to Abuja specifically to visit his son, who had been managing some of his father’s real estate properties in the capital. Friends and business associates described Mr. Godwin as a hardworking and peace-loving individual.
The body of the deceased has been deposited in the morgue pending an autopsy. As of press time, the NYSC headquarters had not issued an official statement regarding the corps member’s status, though legal sources indicate the suspect will face charges of culpable homicide.
The tragic incident has sent shockwaves through the Guzape community, highlighting the dangers of unresolved domestic disputes and financial pressures within families.
Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja
![]()
-
metro3 days agoAbducted Oyo School Principal Begs FG For Rescue In Viral Video
-
metro2 days agoKidnapped Oyo Teacher Beheaded As Makinde Confirms Arrest Of Six Suspects
-
News3 days agoAFIDMURG Trains Over 150 African Researchers On Infectious Disease Systematic Review
-
Entertainment2 days agoSandra Okunzuwa Reveals Movie Kiss Scene Ended Her Relationship
-
metro3 days agoLexus Driver Crushes Policeman To Death On Third Mainland Bridge
-
metro2 days agoBREAKING: Several Injured as Car Crashes Into Tricycles in Lagos
-
International1 day agoThree Killed In California Mosque Shooting As Teen Suspects Die By Suicide
-
Education2 days ago‘HNO Must Go’ — WAEC Workers Declare After 9-Hour Talks End in Deadlock
