Connect with us

Entertainment

NDLEA: Falz faults burning of cocaine worth N194bn

Published

on

Folarin Falana, popularly known as Falz

Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana, popularly known as Falz, has reacted to the burning of 194 billion Naira worth of cocaine by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.

Last week, the agency reported a large scale drug bust carried out in a warehouse located at Ikorodu, Lagos State.

During the operation, 197 billion naira worth of cocaine, which weighed 1.8tonnes was seized, and the suspected drug barons were also arrested.

In a video shared via the agency’s Twitter page on Tuesday, NDLEA showed the seized drugs being set ablaze.

“VIDEO: NDLEA sets ablaze 1.8 tons of cocaine recovered from a warehouse in Ikorodu area of Lagos today, Tuesday 27th September 2022,” the caption read.

READ ALSO:

Reacting to the news, lawyer turned rapper, Falz, faulted the agency for burning potential evidence before culprits are arraigned before a court of law.

He asked, “This administration must really think that we are daft sha!! What is this lamba (lie) that the NDLEA is giving with this cocaine seizure saga? Dem dey burn evidence?”

In a release shared by the agency on Tuesday, it was stated that an order of the Federal High Court in Lagos was obtained for the public destruction of the illegal drugs.

At the site of destruction, NDLEA chairman Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (retd) was represented by the agency’s Director, Prosecution and Legal Services, Deputy Commander General of Narcotics Sunday Joseph.

Sunday said out of the 1.8-ton seized, 1, 828 blocks of the cocaine will be crushed and set ablaze while the remnant will be secured for purpose of prosecution of the suspects who were brought to witness the procedure and sign the certificate of destruction.

He further affirmed, “The Agency is proceeding with the prosecution of those arrested in connection with this consignment. On this, the public can rest assured that NDLEA shall pursue the trial to a logical conclusion.”

Punch

Entertainment

I may accept if Ooni proposes marriage — Peju Johnson

Published

on

Peju Johnson

An actress, Peju Johnson, has said that if the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, proposes marriage to her, she might accept it.

Recall that within months, the Ooni had recently married six wives in quick succession.

Johnson told Saturday Beats, “I may accept. But, it’s a ‘may be’. I am actually from a royal family in Ile Ife too. But, I am not a fan of going (marrying) into a royal family. I prefer regular people. Also, I have always said that I don’t want to marry from my town.  Men from Ile Ife are a different breed.”

The actress stated that she often got favour from her male fans. She said, “I have sweet fans all around that care about me.”

READ ALSO:

Asked to recount a memorable moment she had had as an actress, Johnson said, “While shooting my movie, ‘Suliya’; one of the actors mistakenly hit my eye, and it affected me to the point that I could neither see clearly nor look into the sun. I thank God that I am fine now, and I’m able to see.”

The actress added that she saw nothing wrong in going under the surgeon’s knife and ‘fixing’ what one does not like about one’s body.”

Asked if she would go under the knife if given the chance, she said, “There is nothing wrong with fixing what one does not like about one’s body if one can afford it. That doesn’t mean one is insecure or one has low self-esteem and zero self-love.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

I caught Kim Kardashian with another man, Kanye West alleges

Published

on

American rapper Kanye West has claimed he caught his ex-wife with another man.

He however did not state at what point he caught his ex-wife with the man identified as Chris Paul, American professional basketball player.

In a tweet, moments before Ye’s account was suspended, he made his intention known to ‘break one last window’ as his previous posts were also controversial.

“Let’s break one last window before we get outta here. I caught this guy with Kim. Goodnight,” he tweeted.

The former celebrity couple who tied the knot in a lavish ceremony at the historic Forte di Belvedere in Florence Italy on May 24, 2014, recently had their divorce finalised

Kim was pronounced legally single in March 2022 after filing for divorce in February 2021 citing irreconcilable differences is entitled to be paid $200,000 in child support.

The Nation

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Help Rita Dominic’s chief bridesmaid, she begs for husband

Published

on

Michelle Dede

Actress Michelle Dede who served as Rita Dominic’s chief bridesmaid during her recey wedding has begged God to send her partner.

The 38-year-old in a tweet said she has played the bridesmaid’s role at seven weddings.

According to her, she caught the bouquet in four yet remained single.

READ ALSO:

Dede wrote, “I’ve been a bridesmaid at seven weddings. Chief bridesmaid at four. Bridesmaid/MC at one.

“Caught a bouquet four times. Cried at all seven, yet the first time I didn’t want to try catch the bouquet, it’s handed to me.

“God oya o. May all the things #ritadominic whispered come true.”

Rita Dominic and her husband, Fidelis Anosike, had their wedding at Selby Abbey, North Yorkshire, England last Saturday.

Continue Reading

Trending