8-year-old becomes world's youngest drone videographer – Newstrends
Connect with us

International

8-year-old becomes world’s youngest drone videographer

Published

on

Louisa Royer

8-year-old becomes world’s youngest drone videographer

Louisa Royer, an 8-year-old third-grader from Evansville Day School, Indiana, has set a Guinness World Record as the world’s youngest drone videographer. Louisa’s impressive drone footage, captured during her travels to Europe, Japan, Australia, and South Korea, earned her recognition and accolades, including the 2023 Best New Drone Pilot Award at the AZDroneFest International Film Festival.

Inspired by her love for science, Louisa requested a drone as a gift, which sparked her passion for exploring the world from a unique perspective. Encouraged by her teacher, she submitted her footage to various film festivals, gaining international acclaim.

READ ALSO:

“I asked for a drone as a gift because I love science, and it seemed like a fun way to explore the world from a different viewpoint,” Louisa told Guinness World Records.

Flying a drone internationally presented challenges, but Louisa successfully navigated them. “Understanding how to safely fly the drone in different countries and locations was tough,” she explained. “You have to be very aware of your surroundings to avoid airports and obstacles like power lines or trees.”

Louisa’s journey to becoming a Guinness World Record holder was inspired by a 13-year-old boy she saw on YouTube, who used drones for mapping. Motivated by his story, she pursued and achieved the title of the world’s youngest drone videographer (female) at the age of 8 years and 258 days.

“It’s amazing,” Louisa said of receiving her Guinness World Record certificate. “It is really exciting and all of my friends and family are very proud of me, which is a great feeling.”

8-year-old becomes world’s youngest drone videographer

International

Russia in massive attack on Ukrainian power grid

Published

on

Three people were killed in Kharkiv, officials said on Saturday

Russia in massive attack on Ukrainian power grid

Ukrainian energy facilities have come under a massive attack from Russia, in the latest onslaught targeting the country’s power grid, officials say.

It is the eighth time Russia has launched an attack on energy infrastructure facilities in the past three months, Ukraine’s energy ministry said.

Air defence systems shot down 12 of 16 missiles and all 13 drones launched by Russia at several regions through the night, the Ukrainian air force said.

Later on Saturday officials in Kharkiv in north-eastern Ukraine said three people were killed and at least 18 injured by Russian guided bombs, with at least four explosions heard in the city.

“This is one more terrorist attack, a precise attack on civilian infrastructure. There is nothing of military interest in this district,” Kharkiv’s regional governor, Oleh Syniehubov said.

The overnight attacks on infrastructure wounded two energy workers in the central Zaporizhzhia region, and damaged equipment in the western city of Lviv, officials said.

In the south-western region of Ivano-Frankivsk, the authorities also reported damage to houses and a kindergarten.

READ ALSO:

Russia has renewed its campaign of strikes on Ukrainian energy targets over spring and early summer, causing frequent blackouts across the country. President Volodymyr Zelensky recently said Moscow had destroyed half of his country’s electricity-generating capacity since it began pummelling its energy facilities in late March.

On Thursday, Ukrainian authorities said seven employees were wounded and energy infrastructure, including a power station, had been damaged in a major overnight attack.

Ukraine is buying energy from the European Union, however, this is not enough to make up the deficit.

This means that most days involve a planned nationwide blackout to protect critical infrastructure such a hospitals and military facilities.

“We urgently need to close our skies or Ukraine faces a serious crisis this winter,” the chief executive DTEK, of one of Ukraine’s largest private energy companies, Maxim Timchenko said.

“My plea to allies is to help us defend our energy system and rebuild in time.”

Mr Zelensky has repeatedly called on Ukraine’s allies to send more air defence systems. He has specifically requested seven sophisticated air defence systems called Patriots from the US.

Ivan Fedorov, Zaporizhzhia’s governor, echoed Mr Zelensky’s message on Saturday morning in a message posted to Telegram.

“We can say for sure: the enemy will not stop. Ukraine needs air defence systems.” he said.

US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said on Thursday that Washington would put Ukraine at the top of the queue for Patriot deliveries, ahead of other countries that have ordered them.

Russia in massive attack on Ukrainian power grid

BBC

Continue Reading

International

Israeli forces strap wounded Palestinian to moving jeep

Published

on

Palestinian strapped to Israeli army jeep

Israeli forces strap wounded Palestinian to moving jeep

The Israeli military has said its forces violated protocol by strapping a wounded Palestinian man to the front of their vehicle during a raid in the West Bank city of Jenin.

The Israel Defense Forces confirmed the incident after it was captured on video and shared on social media. An IDF statement said the man was wounded in an exchange of fire during the raid, in which he was a suspect.

The injured man’s family said that when they asked for an ambulance, the army took him, strapped him to the bonnet of their jeep and drove off.

The individual was eventually transferred to the Red Crescent for treatment. The IDF said the incident would be investigated.

Eyewitnesses speaking to Reuters news agency identified him as a local man and named him as Mujahed Azmi.

“This morning [Saturday], during counter-terrorism operations to apprehend wanted suspects in the area of Wadi Burqin, terrorists opened fire at IDF troops, who responded with fire,” the IDF statement said.

READ ALSO:

“During the exchange of fire, one of the suspects was injured and apprehended.

“In violation of orders and standard operating procedures, the suspect was taken by the forces while tied on top of a vehicle.

“The conduct of the forces in the video of the incident does not conform to the values of the IDF. The incident will be investigated and dealt with accordingly.”

There has been a surge in violence in the West Bank since the start of the war in the Gaza Strip, triggered by Hamas’s deadly attack on southern Israel on 7 October.

The UN says at least 480 Palestinians – members of armed groups, attackers and civilians – have been killed in conflict-related incidents in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.

Ten Israelis, including six security forces personnel, have also been killed in the West Bank.

Israeli forces strap wounded Palestinian to moving jeep

BBC

Continue Reading

International

Cuba joins ICJ case against Israel over Gaza actions

Published

on

International Court of Justice (ICJ)

Cuba joins ICJ case against Israel over Gaza actions

Cuba announced its decision to participate in South Africa’s legal action at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) regarding Israel’s actions in the Gaza Strip. The Cuban Foreign Ministry released a statement on Friday confirming their involvement in the case.

The move is aimed primarily at “stopping the atrocities against the Palestinian people as a result of Israel’s disproportionate and indiscriminate use of force,” said the statement.

READ ALSO:

On December 29, 2023, South Africa initiated legal proceedings against Israel at the ICJ, citing violations of the 1948 Genocide Convention in relation to Palestinians in Gaza. Following South Africa’s lead, other countries such as Chile and Spain have also joined the lawsuit against Israel.

Cuba joins ICJ case against Israel over Gaza actions

Continue Reading

Trending