metro
JSC fires 3 judicial officers, asks 3 Shari’a Court judges to resign
JSC fires 3 judicial officers, asks 3 Shari’a Court judges to resign
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) in Jigawa State has sacked three judicial staff over misconduct.
The commission also urged three Shari’a Court judges to resign and reprimanded two others for dereliction of duty.
This was made known in a statement by Abbas Wangara, Director Protocol and Publicity, Jigawa State Judiciary, on Sunday in Dutse.
He said the commission at its 178th meeting held on Jan. 7, approved disciplinary actions against erring personnel for violating judicial procedures and rules.
“In the outcome of the meeting signed by Auwalu Dan’Azumi, Secretary of the JSC, the commission received the report of an investigation committee from the High Court department in respect of two officers.
“The affected officers are Iyal Ibrahim, Higher Registrar on Grade Level 08, and Baffa Alhaji, Principal Registrar on Grade Level 14.
“The two officers were found guilty for illegal sales of two vehicles, exhibits of the Federal High Court, Dutse, and committed an official misconduct punishable under Rule 5 (4) & (6) of the Jigawa State Judiciary Scheme of Service 2006.
“Also, the commission resolved that the service of the two officers be terminated in accordance with Section 41 of the Judicial Service Commission Law, Cap. 20 Laws of Jigawa State 2012,” he said.
READ ALSO:
- Peter Obi makes u-turn over his comment on alleged national grid collapse
- 6.2m earthquake rattles Mexico
- NAF strikes devastate Bello Turji’s Zamfara stronghold, many terrorists killed
Wangara said the commission received a report from High Court department in respect of Abdu Aujara, Chief Clerical Officer, for suppressing N965,000, being a litigant’s deposit in a case of recovery filed by the Ja’iz Bank before Chief Magistrates Court Jahun.
The commission, he said, terminated the appointment of the officer in accordance with Section 41 of the Judicial Service Commission Law, Cap. J20 Laws of Jigawa State 2012.
Also, the commission deliberated on the report of Judiciary Public Complaint Committee (JPCC) in respect of Adamu Farin-Dutse, a Shari’a Court Judge, accused for abusing judicial powers and misapplication of the law, adding that the officer had been warned severally in that regard.
“After careful deliberations, the commission found the officer liable for official misconduct in accordance with the provision of Section 5.4 of the Judiciary Scheme of Service.
“Therefore, the commission resolved to write to the officer and advise him to tender a resignation letter from service within two weeks as provided by Section 41 of the Judicial Service Commission Law, Cap. J20 Laws of Jigawa State, 2012,” he said.
The commission also deliberated on the report of the JSPCC on official misconduct in respect of ànother Shari’a Court Judge, Muhammad Usman, who allegedly abused power by issuing a writ of possession before delivering judgement.
According to Wangara, the action shows clearly conducting judicial functions without following due process in violation of Section 5.4 of the Judiciary Scheme of Service, 2006.
READ ALSO:
- 2027: Anti-Tinubu coalition seeks backing of Obasanjo, Gowon, others
- Lagos chief priest arrested for drug trafficking, Australia-bound cocaine intercepted
- Stampede: Oyo govt files 18 charges against Ooni’s ex-wife, Oriyomi Hamzat
Wangara said the commission advised the judge to tender his resignation letter from the service in accordance with the provision of Section 41 of the Judicial Service Commission Law, Cap. J20 Laws of Jigawa State, 2012.
Similarly, the commission deliberated on the JPCC report in respect of Usman Zubair, a Shari’a Court Judge, who allegedly abused judicial powers.
He said the judge allegedly abused judicial powers by refusing to adjudicate properly on matters of distribution of inheritance shares to the legal heirs, and allowed another person who was not party to the substantive matter to benefit.
“The commission also found that the officer had been warned for irregularities in both his civil and criminal proceedings.
“It resolved to write to Usman Usman Zubair, and advise him to tender resignation letter from service within two weeks”.
Moreso, the commission had issued a warning letter to resident Magistrate Munnir Abdullahi, for converting civil matter to criminal matter by allowing himself to be partisan in the case.
Wangara said that the warning was given under Section 41 of the Judicial Service Commission Law, Cap. J20 Laws of Jigawa State, 2012.
He said the commission further warned Magistrate Yakubu Ibrahim for abuse of power by insulting and uttering a derogatory words to a litigant when she appeared before him at Chief Magistrate Court Maigatari.
According to him, disciplinary exercise is part of the commission’s effort to ensure corrupt free judiciary, maintain high level of performance, discipline and professionalism.
While reiterating its commitment to ensuring fair and supportive working environment for all judicial employees, Wangara assured that the commission would continue to take necessary disciplinary actions to maintain standards.
JSC fires 3 judicial officers, asks 3 Shari’a Court judges to resign
metro
₦13.7bn Payroll Fraud Claim Pits Audit Firm Against Osun Government
₦13.7bn Payroll Fraud Claim Pits Audit Firm Against Osun Government
An audit firm, Salivot Consulting Limited, has alleged a massive ₦13.7 billion annual payroll fraud involving thousands of ghost workers and pensioners in Osun State, triggering widespread public outrage and calls for transparency.
The allegation was disclosed by the firm’s Chief Executive Officer, Sadat Bakrin-Ottun, during an appearance on Politics Tonight on Channels Television. According to her, a 12-month forensic audit allegedly revealed that Osun State is losing about ₦13.7bn yearly to non-existent employees, unverifiable pensioners, and manipulated payroll records under the administration of Ademola Adeleke.
The audit reportedly identified 8,452 workers and 5,831 pensioners who allegedly failed to appear for physical and biometric verification. Bakrin-Ottun claimed the exercise exposed systemic payroll abuse across ministries, departments, and agencies, warning that the irregularities could not be dismissed as clerical errors. Among the most controversial findings, she alleged that one bank account linked to a single Bank Verification Number (BVN) received 962 salaries monthly, while another account was credited with 5,615 monthly salaries, pointing to deliberate payroll manipulation. She insisted the audit relied on biometric data, BVN analytics, and bank reconciliation records to validate these claims.
READ ALSO:
- Breaking: INEC Declares APC’s Joshua Ishaku Winner of Bwari Chairmanship Election
- FCT Poll: APC’s Maikalangu Wins AMAC Chairmanship as Collation Continues
- FCT Poll: INEC Declares PDP’s Kasim Winner of Gwagwalada Chairmanship
The Osun State Government has strongly rejected the ₦13.7bn payroll fraud allegation, accusing Salivot Consulting Limited of professional misconduct, data exaggeration, and misrepresentation. State officials claimed that only 1,316 workers remain unverified, adding that several individuals flagged by the firm are legitimate employees, whom the government declined to remove from the payroll “in good conscience.” Officials also insisted that payroll reforms have reduced the state’s monthly wage bill by about ₦1 billion, dismissing the fraud claim as misleading and politically motivated.
Bakrin-Ottun, however, dismissed the government’s rebuttal, maintaining that the audit was thorough, transparent, and evidence-driven. She alleged that while Governor Adeleke initially supported the exercise, implementation stalled after the audit report was submitted in July 2024. She claimed relations broke down after she demanded accountability for the allegedly siphoned funds, leading to tensions with senior officials, including the Chief of Staff.
The firm’s legal counsel, J.T.O. Uwazuruike, said the dispute has now escalated beyond unpaid consultancy fees. Salivot Consulting plans to petition the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to investigate those allegedly responsible for diverting billions of naira from the state treasury. While the government has yet to specifically address claims of multiple salary payments into single accounts, labour unions, civil society groups, and residents continue to demand a forensic, independent probe to verify the state payroll system.
₦13.7bn Payroll Fraud Claim Pits Audit Firm Against Osun Government
metro
Peller Escapes Generator Fire at Lagos Home, Recalls Earlier Lekki–Epe Scare
Peller Escapes Generator Fire at Lagos Home, Recalls Earlier Lekki–Epe Scare
Nigerian TikTok sensation and streamer, Habeeb Hamzat, popularly known as Peller, has narrowly escaped injury following a generator fire incident at his residence.
The social media influencer disclosed the incident on Saturday via his verified Instagram page, where he shared a video capturing the early-morning blaze. In the footage, flames could be seen engulfing his generator as Peller, visibly shaken, cried out for help while neighbors and occupants rushed to contain the fire.
After sustained efforts using buckets of water, the fire was eventually brought under control. The generator was completely destroyed, but the building itself and everyone inside the house were spared, preventing what could have escalated into a major tragedy.
Shortly after the incident, fans and followers flooded his comment section with messages of relief and gratitude, praising the swift response that prevented loss of life or further property damage. The video also circulated widely across other social media platforms, where viewers raised concerns about generator safety, ventilation, and fire preparedness in residential areas.
READ ALSO:
- Abuja Church Expels Newly Married Woman Over Refusal to Consummate Marriage
- Pastor Sentenced to Death by Hanging for Murdering Landlord in Akwa Ibom
- Scientists Warn Popular Hair Extensions Contain Cancer‑Linked Chemicals
As of the time of filing this report, the exact cause of the fire had not been independently confirmed, though preliminary reactions online speculated about possible fuel-related or electrical issues.
Earlier Lekki–Epe Expressway Incident
The generator fire comes months after Peller survived a separate and highly publicized scare along the Lekki–Epe Expressway.
During that earlier episode, which unfolded during a widely shared livestream, the influencer was seen driving while emotionally distressed. The broadcast, titled “RIP Peller,” sparked widespread concern after he made a series of alarming remarks that unsettled viewers.
At the time, Peller appeared agitated during a phone conversation believed to involve his girlfriend, amid online speculation about personal relationship challenges. The livestream ended abruptly after the vehicle was involved in a crash, though Peller later confirmed he survived the incident.
The back-to-back scares have renewed conversations among fans and industry observers about mental health awareness, content moderation during livestreams, and personal safety, particularly for young influencers who share real-time experiences with large audiences.
Despite the incidents, Peller has continued to engage his followers and has expressed appreciation for the overwhelming support he has received.
Peller Escapes Generator Fire at Lagos Home, Recalls Earlier Lekki–Epe Scare
metro
Abuja Church Expels Newly Married Woman Over Refusal to Consummate Marriage
Abuja Church Expels Newly Married Woman Over Refusal to Consummate Marriage
An Abuja-based church has expelled a newly married woman, Oyiza, after she allegedly refused to consummate her marriage with her husband, Isaac—an action that has sparked widespread debate over marital consent, religious authority, and women’s rights in Nigeria.
The couple, who were living in Ibadan, got married on September 6, 2025, following the completion of their traditional marriage rites in Okene and a court wedding in Ibadan. Oyiza is originally from Kogi State.
According to accounts presented by the husband and church officials, marital tensions began shortly after the wedding, with Oyiza reportedly declining all attempts at intimacy. She allegedly told her husband she did not love him and later accused her mother of pressuring her into the marriage.
Family members and church leaders reportedly intervened multiple times over several months in an attempt to resolve the matter. Despite repeated marriage counselling sessions, the woman was said to have maintained her position, insisting she was emotionally unprepared for the union.
Isaac claimed that prior to the wedding, Oyiza had expressed doubts about proceeding with the marriage but later reassured him and the church’s marriage committee that she was ready, leading to approval of the wedding plans.
Photos from the ceremony, later circulated on social media, showed Oyiza appearing cheerful among friends and church members. However, Isaac said the marriage quickly deteriorated after the wedding, describing the relationship as emotionally exhausting and restrictive.
READ ALSO:
- Pastor Sentenced to Death by Hanging for Murdering Landlord in Akwa Ibom
- Scientists Warn Popular Hair Extensions Contain Cancer‑Linked Chemicals
- Keyamo Defends APC Amid Public Debate, Says Party ‘Not Made Up of Saints’
In February 2026, the controversy escalated after the church released a video on its YouTube channel announcing Oyiza’s expulsion and excommunication. The church’s International Director stated that five months of mediation had failed.
During the announcement, the cleric used strong and controversial language, accusing Oyiza of spiritual misconduct and urging members to pray against her, claiming she had disgraced the church. He also referenced traditional cultural practices, suggesting that emotional readiness should not prevent marital obligations—remarks that triggered intense backlash online.
The cleric further claimed that his wife received a spiritual revelation alleging that Oyiza was under a supernatural covenant preventing marital relations. These claims were made publicly but remain unverified.
Oyiza was not present during the announcement, and efforts to obtain her response have been unsuccessful.
The incident has since generated nationwide reactions, with many Nigerians, legal commentators, and rights advocates arguing that consent within marriage is non-negotiable and that religious institutions should not compel intimacy or publicly shame individuals over private marital disputes.
The case has reignited conversations around:
- Forced marriage and family pressure
- Consent and bodily autonomy
- Limits of church authority in private relationships
- Mental health and dignity of women
As of the time of reporting, the church has not released any further statement addressing the public criticism.
Abuja Church Expels Newly Married Woman Over Refusal to Consummate Marriage
-
Politics2 days agoPeter Obi Launches ‘Village Boys Movement’ to Rival Tinubu’s City Boys Ahead of 2027
-
International3 days agoCanada Opens New Express Entry Draw for Nigerian Workers, Others
-
News2 days agoPolice to Arrest TikToker Mirabel After She Recants False Rape Claim
-
International2 days agoEpstein, Ex-Israeli PM Named in Alleged Profiteering From Boko Haram Crisis
-
Education11 hours agoUTME: JAMB Clarifies Position on Hijab During Biometric Capture
-
metro3 days agoOsun Awards 55.6km Iwo–Osogbo–Ibadan Road Project to Three Contractors
-
Politics3 days agoUpdated: Rivers Senator Mpigi Barinada dies at 64
-
metro3 days agoOndo Monarch Killed as Bandits Strike Akure North


