metro
How 26-year-old woman killed married lover in Rivers

How 26-year-old woman killed married lover in Rivers
She stabbed him multiple times with the dagger in a walking cane he had brought out to use on her for denying him another round of intimacy.
The above and many more were details provided to operatives of the Rivers State Police Command by a 26-year-old murder suspect, Serah Nwankpo, alleged to have killed her married lover, Anthony Igbodike on December 23.
The suspect, a mother of two and secondary school leaver, who’s currently detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Rivers, told detectives that she acted in self-defense as Igbodike had locked his door to prevent her leaving and brought out the walking cane to use it on her.
According to the suspect, she relocated to Port Harcourt City from Enugu last August where she began a new relationship after jettisoning the one which made her a single mother of two kids.
She was in a relationship with one Ibanga who she allegedly cheated on with Igbodike and had called him for help when things went awry during her visit to her married lover’s house but he refused to get involved.
According to the suspect, she first met Igbodike in 2017 in Enugu and while in Port Harcourt, he kept calling her, extending invitations to her to his residence. She said he told her he was separated from his wife and wants to start all over with her.
She told detectives she kept making excuses to turn down the invitation because she wanted to be faithful to Ibanga but Igbodike was persistent and kept sending her money at different times and so she eventually gave in to his demands and they agreed to meet around 10am, at Kilimanjaro by Choba junction.
READ ALSO:
- Bandits dressed in hijab attack police post in Katsina
- Defending champions Senegal beat Cameroon to book last-16 place
- Former minister, Agunloye released from prison
Anthony paid the tricycle rider N500 and their day together began.
Amankpo accompanied him as he arranged to pay his staff salaries for the month of December. One of his staff, Hope, spent some time with the duo as Anthony made transactions in the bank.
He took Sarah shopping for groceries and home supplies after he had finished the transactions and sent Hope on her way.
Afterwards, they went to his apartment at Mercy-land extension, Obiri-Ikwerre, an apartment in a compound he shares with his landlord. As they settled in, he asked her to prepare a meal for him.
He accompanied her to his kitchen, showed her how to operate the appliances there, and sat back to let her finish off the cooking. It was just past noon at this time. After a few minutes, he left the house to buy more home supplies- garri, fufu and a soup pack.
When she was done, Igbodike helped himself to the meal of eba and soup she had prepared as she claimed she was not hungry. After the meal, he went in to have a bath and thereafter, they had intimate moments and even made video recordings of their escapades for keeps.
Nwankpo said she became hungry after the romps and decided to fix a meal for herself, narrating that Igbodike was with her even while she ate as they had friendly discussions.
“He enquired about her love life, and she detailed her ongoing relationship with Joe Ibanga. He laughed at the idea of her dealing with the challenges of raising children and struggling with a relationship that was not financially rewarding.
“He continued his pitch even as she went to have a bath. He explained his business to her and even presented her with job opportunities in his establishment, saying he was willing to make her a manager at his firm.
“She agreed to visit him again after about a week so that they could begin plans for her life with him. Based on the discussions, he had arranged for her to start working with him in January 2024,” the police said.
But the excitement was short-lived as Nwankpo, who had earlier agreed to spend the night changed her mind after he sent her to buy a call card for him.
READ ALSO:
- BREAKING: Notorious Abuja kidnapper now in our custody – FCT Police
- Army Estate kidnappers demand over 30million naira ransom
- Troops kill 3 top terrorists’ commanders, 43 others – DHQ
“She mentioned the sudden change in feeling to him, but he was not perturbed. To lighten her up, he suggested that they go into town to a club and buy shawarma, but she turned that down, saying she was not in the mood and needed to return home.
“After more attempts at convincing her to stay, she agreed to spend the night. She put on one of his shorts and a shirt at his behest as she prepared dinner for them. It was about 10pm at this time. “When he had finished eating and their discussions had whittled away, he beckoned on her to come to him. As she did, he asked that she should caress him; she obliged but later opted out when he demanded intercourse, as she said she was no longer comfortable.
“Her rejection greatly provoked him, and he asked her to dress up and leave his house. She refused to leave and stood up to challenge him. A verbal war ensued, and he slapped her. She attacked him, and they began tussling and tugging at each other. As the scuffle subsided, he locked the door, picked up a walking cane and threatened to beat her with it. “In that window, she dialled her boyfriend’s number, and when he picked up, she tried to explain the events to him and asked him for help. He hung up and did not call back.
“She then tried to open the door, but Igbodike held her back, and they began another scrimmage. She said she screamed for help, but no one heard her, let alone rescued her.
“In the fighting, he dropped the walking cane, and she reached for it and noticed that it had a detachable holding head. She quickly detached the head and saw that a dagger was attached to it. As he made his way to her, she swung at him with the dagger, stabbing him severally, including a blow to the neck that eventually proved fatal. As he bled out, he weakened.
“She opened the door and tried to escape, but he grabbed her hair and maintained his grip even as she struggled to free herself. At this point, they had gotten out of his apartment, and the ruckus had alerted his landlord and his family.
READ ALSO:
- 33 women, 5 others sent to prison for ‘protesting’ against S’Court’s judgement in Nasarawa
- Protest rocks Nasarawa after Supreme Court verdict, Sule calls for calm
- BREAKING: Supreme Court upholds Uba Sani’s election as Kaduna governor
“The landlord alerted other neighbours, and they lifted Anthony into his own vehicle and took him to the hospital. As they were making plans to leave, they noticed Sarah frantically making a call, she was calling her boyfriend again to tell him the mess she had gotten herself into. It was about midnight at this time.
The neighbours seized her phone and locked her up in Anthony’s apartment as they left for the hospital. Some of them returned after a short while and asked her if she was not paid for her services for her to resort to stabbing her host. As she tried to explain, she was beaten up and locked up again. She spent her time in the room cleaning up the pools of blood in the apartment,” she told the police, who arrived at the scene around 1am that day.
She said it was while she was in custody that she was informed that Igbodike had died.
She also got a visit from four of his family members, who wanted to know exactly what had happened. His wife also visited the police to listen to the cause of her husband’s untimely death.
Reacting to the tragic incident, the Commissioner of Police, Olatunji Disu, advised individuals to exercise caution in their relationships and to seek peaceful conflict resolutions.
“It serves as a reminder that violence is never the answer and can lead to devastating consequences for all parties involved. The investigation into this case is ongoing,” he said.
How 26-year-old woman killed married lover in Rivers
metro
Ex-police officer kills two family members, one other over Badagry land

Ex-police officer kills two family members, one other over Badagry land
The peaceful Yovoyan community in Badagry, Lagos, was plunged into grief on Tuesday morning following a tragic incident that left three people dead.
An ex-police officer, allegedly accompanied by an accomplice, shot and killed two family members and another individual over a land dispute.
The victims, identified as Mr. Richard Atideka, Mrs. Latevi Atideka—both residents of Yovoyan—and Mr. Muji Onilude, from the nearby Gberefu community, were fatally shot by the assailants.
A survivor of the attack, Mr. David Atideka, shared his harrowing experience, describing the terrifying event that took place between 2:00 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. at the Atideka family compound.
“I was inside my room discussing with my wife when I stepped out to urinate. As I did, I saw two armed men entering the compound. I quickly hid nearby.
“They entered my room, asked for me, and immediately shot my wife in the head. Out of fear, I ran to inform my elder brother, but when I arrived, I found his lifeless body—he had been shot too,” David narrated.
He further alleged that he saw his elder brother, the suspect, the ex-police officer, along with another armed person, leaving the compound after killing his wife and brother.
“The person I saw was my brother, the police officer. I recognised him clearly,” he said.
READ ALSO:
- Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
NAN learnt that the alleged suspected killer had been in a long-standing dispute with his brothers over land ownership.
A reliable source disclosed that the suspect had been attempting to seize land from David and Richard Atideka.
“They had taken the matter to court, where the suspect was arrested and detained but later released on bail. They were due for a final court judgment this Thursday,” the source revealed.
Meanwhile, Mr Yusuf Onilude, the son of slain Muji Onilude, said his father had just left his room moments before he was murdered.
“My father came to my room at about 2:10 a.m. We spoke for a few minutes before he left.
“Less than five minutes later, I heard gunshots outside. I rushed out and saw a man running away. I chased him, but he fired shots in the air and escaped.
“When I returned, I found my father in a pool of blood. He had been shot dead,” he said.
Reacting to the incident, community representative Mr James Yovoyan urged the police to ensure the perpetrators were brought to justice.
Chief Lorence Atideka, the family head, lamented the tragedy, calling on the government to arrest and prosecute everyone involved.
However, Henry Atideka, the son of the alleged killer, denied the accusations, claiming that unknown gunmen carried out the attack.
“My father was not around when the incident happened, and he has been invited by the police.
“Although the family had some disagreements, it was not about land but a conspiracy, which we planned to resolve this Thursday,” he said.
Henry expressed optimism that the police would uncover the truth and punish the culprits.
However, a senior police officer who wished to remain anonymous confirmed that the police had taken the corpses to the General Hospital in Badagry and had launched an investigation into the killings.
Ex-police officer kills two family members, one other over Badagry land
metro
12-year-old ‘Yahoo’ trainee, others rescued in Lagos, training centre dismantled

12-year-old ‘Yahoo’ trainee, others rescued in Lagos, training centre dismantled
The Lagos State Police Command has uncovered and dismantled an illegal internet fraud training facility, commonly known as a “Yahoo School,” in the Iju area of the state.
In a statement released on Tuesday, the command’s spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the arrest of four principal suspects along with six trainees.
Among the trainees was an underage boy identified as Minachi Udochukwu.
Hundeyin noted that preliminary investigations revealed that the principal suspects recruited the trainees from Anambra State, engaged them in internet fraud, and confiscated their earnings.
The statement read in part, “During the successful operations, the police detectives arrested four Yahoo experts who were running the notorious school, namely Chibuike Ihejika, 23; Stanley Ihejika, 22; Obiora Oyediba, 26; and Emmanuel Oyedibe, 25.
“The other six suspects are their criminal trainees, all of whom were undergoing training in cybercrime and fraud: Okorie Henry, Otoh Chisom, 20; Okeke Kwufrochikwu, 26; Uchenna Obeji, 26; Minachi Udochukwu, 12; and Chinedu Ukachukwu, 23.
READ ALSO:
- Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
“Preliminary investigations revealed that the principal suspects of the facility recruited their trainees from Anambra State, engaged them to commit internet fraud and other related crimes.
“The proceeds from their fraudulent activities were being confiscated by the principal suspects.”
While the command warned the owner of the facility to turn himself in at the State Criminal Investigation Department, it assured all that all suspects would be charged to court for prosecution upon the conclusion of the investigation into the case.
The statement further revealed that Ugochukwu had been provided with medical care after healing marks of injury believed to have been sustained during the training was found on his body
“In line with due process of the law, the underage suspect among them, Minachi Ugochukwu, 12 years old, with healing marks of injuries on his body allegedly inflicted on him by the main principal suspect to compel him into the commission of the criminal acts, is being given medical attention and kept in protective custody till his relatives are identified and reunited with him,” Hundeyin stated.
READ ALSO:
- Rainstorm destroys schools, mosques, others in Kwara community
- Rivers police arrest General Overseer for alleged homosexuality
- CBN posts $23bn net FX reserve, strongest in three years
The command also warned parents and guardians to monitor the activities of their children and wards to prevent them from being exploited, lured, or compelled into falling into criminal activities.
It, however, called on members of the public who have fallen victim to the fraudulent activities of the criminal syndicate to come forward to the SCID, Yaba, with their complaints.
“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Olohundare Jimoh, also commends the police personnel involved in this operation for their dedication and professionalism that resulted in this success.
“The CP Jimoh assures all Lagosians that the Command remains resolute and committed to combating all forms of crimes and criminalities, including cybercrime tagged ‘yahoo,’ etc.
“He urges residents to report every suspicious activity or incident to the police in their localities for prompt action,” the statement added.
12-year-old ‘Yahoo’ trainee, others rescued in Lagos, training centre dismantled
metro
Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match

Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
Controversial Nigerian artists Speed Darlington and Portable are poised to square off in a celebrity boxing match.
The event will take place on April 18, 2025, at the Balmoral Convention Centre in Lagos state.
According to reports, the altercation between the two began in March when Darlington offered Portable N500,000 to play at his next performance.
Portable, who described the amount as ridiculous, tagged Darlington “poor”. Noting that he charges N20 million for performance.
READ ALSO:
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
- Rainstorm destroys schools, mosques, others in Kwara community
“You are inviting me for a show, and you don’t have money. You use my name to promote your show. I charge N20 million, ask around. I don’t know that you are poor. I don’t want to be friends with poor people”.
In his response, Darlington expressed regret for inviting Portable. He said “I regret it because why the insults?”
Portable replied by challenging Darlington to a fight, boasting that he would defeat him just as he did to popular actor, Charles Okocha.
The match has finally been arranged following netizens demand, with the organiser.
Announcing the fight on Instagram the organizer, Mygamerush wrote; “You asked and now it is here. Two street kings’ battle for ultimate street supremacy.”
Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
-
metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Senator Natasha defies restrictions, arrives homecoming rally by helicopter [VIDEO]
-
metro2 days ago
Uromi: Edo residents flee towns over likely reprisal attack, arrest
-
International3 days ago
In pictures: Eid celebrations around the world
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: ‘Cancel your homecoming’ — Police tell Senator Natasha
-
metro2 days ago
How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
-
metro2 days ago
‘I was offered N5bn bribe to impeach Fubara’
-
metro21 hours ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
Sports3 days ago
Nigerian boxer collapses, dies in ring during fight in Ghana