metro
Kano Disco official narrates how he killed colleague over N3m

Kano Disco official narrates how he killed colleague over N3m
A staff of the Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO), Saadiq Zubaru, has narrated how he allegedly killed Bello Adamu, his friend and colleague, after reportedly collecting N3 million to help him secure job at the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
Recall that Adamu, a Kano resident, was declared missing after receiving what was supposed to be an urgent call from Saadiq.
Two days later, his corpse was found at a backstreet location in Kumbotso Local Government Area of Kano.
Abdullahi Abubakar, Adamu’s younger brother, had said that his late bother was at home around 12pm on Sunday, May 5, 2024, when he received an urgent call from Sadiq.
He said they were aware that Adamu had a job deal with some people and he was confident of securing the offer.
In a chat with Daily Trust, the deceased’s brother said, “Bello was desperately looking for a Federal Inland Revenue Service job offer. He was so hopeful. He was working with Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) and wanted to join FIRS. And somebody was soliciting the offer for him.
“When he received a phone call in relation to the job offer, he asked his wife to bring his car key and went to the person waiting from him. Since then we never heard from him.
“Since he did not return that Sunday. We decided to track his calls. The last word of his conversation with the person on the other end was Alhamdulillah. From this we understood that he was lured into believing that the offer was ready made.”
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abdullahi Kiyawa, had told our correspondent that Zubairu had been arrested and investigation was ongoing.
READ ALSO:
- You’re not my son – Ooni tells self-acclaimed prince
- Fubara speaks on why he visited Rivers Assembly Quarters
- Emefiele trial: Ex-CBN director, contractor reveal more ‘secrets’
In a statement on Thursday night, Kiyawa gave further update on the matter.
“On 05/05/2024 at about 10:00 am, report was received from a resident of Zawaciki Quarters in Kumbotso LGA, Kano State that his elder brother, Bello Bukar Adam, a KEDCO staff, aged 45 years old of Zawaciki Housing Estate, Kano had left his home with his Toyota Corolla Motor Vehicle, Ash in Colour since on 04/05/2024 and his whereabouts is unknown.
‘’On the evening of the same date, there was a report that the deceased body of a male adult has been discovered abandoned at the outskirts of Eastern Bypass, around Bechi Village in Kumbotso LGA, Kano State. The body was removed from the scene by a team of crime-scene Policemen led by Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Kumbotso Division, SP Mustafa Abubakar, who brought the corpse to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, where a Medical Doctor certified the body dead.’’
The statement added that on the developments, the Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, Mohammed Usaini Gumel raised a team of detectives led by the Officer in Charge (O/C), Anti-Kidnapping Squad, SP Aliyu Mohammed Auwal and directed that the suspect’ be trailed and arrested within 24 hours.
“Accordingly, the team immediately swung into action and arrested one Sadiq Zubairu, aged 35 years old of Hotoron Arewa Quarters, Nassarawa LGA on 06/05/2024 at 9:00 am.”
“During preliminary investigations, the suspect confessed that he conspired with two others, and jointly lured the victim to his house who until his death were intimate friends. He narrated that he tied him up, and hit him with sticks and sharp iron on his head and other parts of his body until he became motionless. Thereafter, he loaded the motionless body inside the boot of the deceased’s vehicle, threw him off by the roadside along Eastern Bypass, around Bichi village and left away with the motor vehicle, a Toyota Corolla, 2015 Model including his Mobile Phone.
READ ALSO:
- Senate okays death penalty for drug traffickers
- ASUU rejects N35,000 wage award, insists on new salary
- Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General raises alarm over threats to his life
“The suspect further confessed that what led to this regrettable incident was after he deceitfully collected the sum of three million naira (N3,000,000:00) from him on the pretext that he would secure a job offer for him. But having realised that he had no means of returning the money to him he hired two hefty guys, conspired with them killed him and hid the Motor Vehicle at a Garage in Hotoro Quarters, Kano. The Vehicle has since been however recovered by the Police.”
On Tuesday hundreds of relatives and well-wishers gathered at Gama B where Bello was buried.
The deceased’s brother said the family members were in severe pain because Adamu trusted Zubairu.
He said, “When Saadiq was sacked from KEDCO, Bello called him back. And they worked together. When Bello was promoted, he made sure Sadiq was reinstated. They worked together until his death. We saw him as our brother’s confidant and subordinate.”
The accused not our staff –KEDCO
Sani Bala, spokesperson of KEDCO, said the news of the passing of Malam Bello Bukar was very tragic and shocking, saying he was one of the most hardworking and dedicated officials of the company.
He said, “It was very shocking and sad for the company. He was one of the most hardworking and dedicated staff of the company. Honestly the deceased and the suspect had a cordial working relationship, even though the suspect was not our staff at the time of the incident.
“The cause of the death is currently being investigated by the police. But we understood that it is a personal thing between them not official. The accused is not our staff.”
Kano Disco official narrates how he killed colleague over N3m
(DAILY TRUST)
metro
Independence Bridge repairs: Sanwo-Olu urges Lagos residents to work remotely

Independence Bridge repairs: Sanwo-Olu urges Lagos residents to work remotely
Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor of Lagos, said repair works on the Independence Bridge will continue.
Sanwo-Olu also apologised to residents for the hours-long gridlock experienced due to the rehabilitation of the bridge.
Commuters and motorists spent hours in traffic on April 2 due to the closure of the bridge in the Victoria Island area.
Following public outcry, David Umahi, minister of works, ordered the immediate reopening of the bridge.
Speaking on Thursday during the inspection of the bridge, Sanwo-Olu said the state takes full responsibility for the gridlock.
The governor noted that the repair is for the good of the city, as the bridge — which is one of the oldest in the country — had begun to fail.
He urged residents to support the state government as there is never a good time to carry out road repairs.
“First, I think what is appropriate is to tender apology to all our citizens and to all Lagosians for a very difficult heinous traffic that we experienced in the last 24 hours within the city and the Island of Lagos,” Sanwo-Olu said.
READ ALSO:
- Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos
- Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt
- Oyo PDP chieftain Adeojo dies, Makinde mourns
“There is never a best time to solve a difficult problem like this. Any time you do it, there would be discomfort. Let’s bite the bullet and come out of this better.
“I think the apology is important so that we can take full responsibility as government both at the national and subnational level, for taking our citizens through an unfortunate incident.
“It was all for a good cause, it is all to avert future disaster waiting to happen. You know how life is — there is never a best time for you to do all you want to do, there will always be challenges even if you think it is the best time.
“This contract has been signed over three years ago; our duty is to preserve the integrity of the Independence Bridge — which is like one of the oldest bridges in the country.”
The governor added that traffic will be managed and diverted during the rehabilitation.
“If you don’t have business to do in Victoria Island in the next two to three weeks, conduct your business via social media, telephone, zoom meetings, online meetings, let’s plan ahead,” he said.
“If you don’t need to come and visit somebody here, you don’t have to come.
“You are going to see a lot of LASTMA officers on the road, we are calling them from other parts of the city to come here.”
Sanwo-Olu also appealed to residents not to drive against traffic or drive recklessly during the rehabilitation period.
Independence Bridge repairs: Sanwo-Olu urges Lagos residents to work remotely
metro
Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos

Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos
The Lagos State Police Command has taken a Chinese national into custody for allegedly affixing a counterfeit diplomatic number plate to his vehicle while visiting the United States Embassy in Victoria Island.
The suspect, identified as 40-year-old Lei Lu, was arrested on April 3, 2025, following a tip-off from a concerned citizen.
Police sources say the report came in around 12:17 p.m., shortly after the man was spotted at the embassy premises earlier that morning.
READ ALSO:
- Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt
- Oyo PDP chieftain Adeojo dies, Makinde mourns
- Bayelsa govt gets court order to stop pro-Wike rally
Responding swiftly, detectives from the command arrived at the scene and detained the individual. His vehicle, displaying the fraudulent plate marked 138-CD-46—typically reserved for British diplomatic missions—was also seized.
During questioning, Lu reportedly failed to produce any documentation authorizing the use of the diplomatic tag. Officers documented the evidence, including photographic records of the plate and vehicle.
Authorities say an investigation is underway to uncover the reason behind the impersonation and assess any potential threats posed by the act.
Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos
metro
Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt

Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt
Senate President Godswill Akpabio has said he will take legal action against Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan over claims that he planned to have her killed.
In a statement released on Friday by his media aide, Eseme Eyiboh, Akpabio said he would not be distracted by what he called a campaign of lies and misinformation.
“As a statesman devoted to national unity and democratic values, I will not be distracted by malicious falsehoods or inflammatory rhetoric,” the statement quoted.
Eyiboh said official letters are being prepared for both Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan and former Senator Elisha Abbo. The letters demand public apologies, retractions, and compensation for damage to Akpabio’s reputation.
Recall that Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan during an event in Kogi State on April 1, 2025 claimed that Akpabio hired former Governor Yahaya Bello to assassinate her.
READ ALSO:
- Oyo PDP chieftain Adeojo dies, Makinde mourns
- Bayelsa govt gets court order to stop pro-Wike rally
- Outgone Corps members will get minimum allowance arrears – NYSC
Reacting, Eyiboh reminded the public that Senator Natasha had made similar accusations in the past, including ones she later withdrew without explanation.
“Her recurring pattern of false accusations, including similar claims in 2019 and 2023 against other public figures, reveals a troubling exploitation of victimhood narratives for personal and political gain,” it added.
The statement also addressed comments made by former Senator Elisha Abbo during an interview on April 2, where he accused Akpabio of influencing the court to remove him from office. Eyiboh said Abbo had already apologized in 2023 for making similar claims, admitting that they were based on false assumptions.
“His new claims regarding being denied entitlements are also categorically false. Senate entitlements are processed administratively and not at the discretion of the Senate President,” the statement said.
Eyiboh suggested the timing of these accusations may be politically motivated, with the aim of damaging the image of the Senate and its leadership.
“These individuals, possibly backed by hidden interests, appear united in a desperate attempt to undermine the Senate and its leadership,” he said.
Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt
-
metro3 days ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
metro2 days ago
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
-
International2 days ago
Trump slams Nigeria with high tariff in shocking trade crackdown
-
metro2 days ago
Updated: Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji goes berserk, kills 12 for Eid
-
metro2 days ago
Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
-
metro3 days ago
Police hunt for last suspect in LASU graduate killing
-
metro17 hours ago
Petitioners mobilise constituents for fresh Natasha’s recall
-
metro2 days ago
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail