Lagos State Government has announced a total closure of Iyana-Oworonsoki-Lagos Island bound section of the Third Mainland Bridge for two weeks for the contractor handling the bridge repairs to fix 23 expansion joints.
It says the latest temporary changes in the traffic flow on the bridge will take effect from midnight January 15 and end midnight January 29.
According to a statement by the state Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde, this is to accomplish the planned reopening of the bridge on February 22 as earlier announced.
He said the adjustment would allow for the removal, replacement and casting of 23 joints in addition to the two other joints (16 and 17) being worked on by the contractor.
The commissioner said there would be no vehicular access from Iyana Oworonsoki to Adekunle axis on the slip road/ramp down on the Third Mainland Bridge for the two-week period (midnight 15th to midnight 29th).
He said traffic from Ogudu, Alapere and Gbagada going to Adekunle axis should use Ikorodu Road, Jibowu and Yaba as alternative routes.
The statement read in part, “There shall be no access for vehicular movements from the Adekunle axis towards Iyana Oworosoki on 3rd Mainland Bridge between midnight and 1pm (15 to 29 January). All Iyana Oworonsoki bound traffic from Lagos Island, Iddo, Oyingbo, Adekunle and Yaba should use Herbert Macaulay Way, Jibowu and Ikorodu as alternative routes.
“The current crossover position on the bridge for Adekunle or Lagos Island bound traffic from Iyana Oworonsoki between midnight and noon will now be at a new closer position for two weeks.
“The current shared movement of midnight to noon for Lagos Island traffic bound from Iyana Oworosoki shall remain.
“The current 1pm to midnight Mainland (Iyana Oworonsoki) bound traffic flow from Lagos Island shall remain.
“The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) shall continue to ensure the vigorous management of traffic control and enforcement on the 3rd Mainland Bridge and all identified alternative routes to ensure an endurable and acceptable traffic movement experience for motorists during these trying periods.
“Other previous traffic flow advisory measures announced by the Lagos State Government for the partial closure of the 3rd Mainland Bridge remain the same.”
The commissioner appealed to road users along the corridor to drive patiently and follow the traffic advice.
Lagos suspends RTEAN activities, sets up caretaker committee
The Lagos State Government has suspended all activities of Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) in the state.
Special Adviser to the Governor on Transportation, Sola Giwa, who announced the suspension, said the action became imperative following some pockets of violence recorded in Ojo and Lagos Island on Wednesday.
Already, he said a 35-man caretaker committee had been constituted to take over activities of the union.
The caretaker committee is headed by Sulaiman Adeshina Raji, with Bamgbose Oluseyi as deputy chairman and members are Sunday Aransiola, Sulaiman Onabanjo, Azeez Abdulrahman, Isiaka Seriki, Victor Ifemenam, Kareem Babatunde, Amusan Abdulrahman, Teslim Adeshina, Sulaiman Surajudeen and Fatai Rauf.
Others are Sunday Banjo, Segun Omole, Thomas Akinkayode, Taiwo Lasisi, Gbenga Kashimawo, Samson Ajala, Taiwo Daodu, Sule Aliu, Ahmed Musa and Oladipupo Ibrahim. Adewale Adeniyi, Olatunji Durojaiye, Wasiu Olanrewaju, Taofeek Onileola, Yusuf Afolabi, Bode Ogungbade, Alh. A.A. Ussaini, Saliu Usman, Saheed Badru, Kolawole Yusuf, Kayode Thomas, Idowu Oyewole and Salami Babatunde Ope, are to also join them.
Giwa reiterated that suspension became necessary to prevent further acts of violence in the state, stressing that men of the Lagos State Police Command would be deployed in different parts of the state to enforce the action and ensure safety of lives and property.
He said the state government met with some representatives of the RTEAN on Wednesday, following a protest by some members of the union demanding the removal of their national president, adding the government had assured them of a thorough investigation into the allegations levelled against the union’s president with a promise to resolving all lingering issues.
Ade.Ojo hails Mandilas GM @60, says Toyota family proud of you
The Founder of Toyota Nigeria Limited, TNL, Chief Michael Ade Ojo, has described the General Manager of Mandilas Motors, Ms. Kemi Koyejo as a performer, who takes her job very seriously.
Chief Ade Ojo, who spoke at the MUSON Centre, Lagos during the 60th birthday ceremony of Koyejo as the chairman of the occasion, showered encomiums on the GM for her contributions towards driving Toyota brand sale and development in Nigeria.
He said, “Olukemi is a performer, a wonderful lady, who takes her job very seriously. She is “Lady Toyota”. She never misbehaves and I want to pray that God should continue to bless you the more.”
Chief Ade Ojo, who recalled that Kemi’s father was his senior in high school, expressed no surprise at Kemi’s sterling performance and behaviour, given her family background.
“The Toyota family in Nigeria is very proud of you and God will continue to be with you,” he prayed.
The 84-year-old business mogul attended the event with his wife, and senior management staff of Toyota Nigeria Limited including the Managing Director, Mr. Kunle Ade Ojo.
Reiterating Chief Ade Ojo’s commendation on the Mandilas General Manager, the Managing Director of Toyota, Mr. Kunle Adeojo, also said that the Mandilas General Manager is very hard-working and has brought many ideas that have led to the growth of the Toyota brand in Nigeria.
He also used the occasion to announce that the Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers has conferred on him a Fellow of the institute.
A trained engineer, Mr. Kunle Ade Ojo, has been at the helm of affairs at TNL and has taken the company to greater heights despite the challenges in the Nigeria’s auto sector.
Lamborghini pushes out final Aventador, Ultimae, ends V12 supercar
Supercar manufacturer, Lamborghini, has announced the production of the last Aventador. You can call it Avantador’s last dance. The final Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae was rolled off the production line in Sant’Agata, Italy, and kissing goodbye to V12-powered supercar that shaped an era. The Lamborghini V12 will be hybridised going forward.
This Ultimae Roadster marks the 11,465th Aventador to reach customers worldwide. First launched in 2011, the Aventador is not exactly modern, but when it debuted, it was described by CEO Stephan Winkelmann as “a jump of two generations in terms of design and technology,” with “performance that is simply overwhelming.”
A plug-in hybrid replacement is expected to be revealed later this year, having been spied testing.
Lamborghini made sure the final model was the most powerful, with the 6.5-litre unit producing 10bhp more than in the previous range-topping Aventador, the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ, sending 769bhp (780PS, hence the name) to both axles. The Aventador-based Essenza SCV12 produces 819bhp but is limited to track use.
The Ultimae’s 531lb ft torque peak matches the SVJ’s, with which it shares its power- to-weight ratio. But with a 0-62mph time of just 2.8sec and a top speed of 221mph, the Ultimae is the fastest road-going Aventador.
The 350 coupés and 250 roadsters – each sold with a numbered plaque – were offered in a range of unique colour schemes, including a new grey-on-grey option with contrasting red trim elements, while the roadster could be specified with an exposed carbonfibre roof panel. It was also subtly marked out from other Aventadors by way of a unique styling package that “took the best components” of the S and SVJ.
The Aventador’s plug-in hybrid replacement will serve as a bridge to pure-electric Lamborghini models in the future.
This electrified future will see the Hurácan and Lamborghini Urus also go down the same route, and an all-electric 2+2 introduced in the second half of the decade.
Importantly, however, while its replacement will use an electrified drivetrain, it will take the bulk of its power from a large-capacity V12, in line with company boss Stephan Winkelmann’s commitment to the emotional value of its supercars.
He told Autocar last year that there is “a lot of emotion attached” to the 12-cylinder engine, which he is particularly aware of, having been involved in the launch of the Aventador in his first stint as the boss of Lamborghini in 2011.
Bizarre! Men Arrested For Injecting Underaged With Substances to Make Stomachs Swell to Get Alms
Solution Team Task Force Brutalises Mother in Son’s Presence, Steals N300,000 + photos
Lady’s Decomposing Body Dug Up in Kwara Doctor’s Office
CCECC completes Apapa port link to Lagos-Ibadan railway
Customs: Vehicle tariff reduction to begin next week
Biden, Treasury Secretary say Republicans COVID-19 aid too small
Wizkid trends, releases new single ‘Bad To Me’
American preacher, Creflo Dollar confesses he misled congregants, says tithing not biblical + Video
[UPDATED]Conflicting Reports Over Viral Video Of Soldiers Evacuating ‘Bandits’ In Kaduna + Video
metro5 days ago
How we collected N160m ransom from 2 bankers –Bayelsa kidnap kingpins
Politics3 days ago
APC Plunges Into Major Crisis As Adamu Bombs Tinubu In a Leaked Letter
metro3 days ago
US-Based Nigerian, Dele Ologbosere, ‘Defrauds’ Lagos Car Dealer of $750
Auto1 week ago
Lagos holds car-free day, residents to go cycling, walking Sunday
metro1 week ago
Nigerian Steals $6.7m From US Taxpayers
Politics1 week ago
2023: Obi dazed as newly-wed joins huge supporters in Abuja solidarity rally
Railway4 days ago
Train attack: FG loses N531m revenue in five months
metro1 week ago
Police Turned Complainant Into Accused in Rivers Court Because of Money