Saudi club Al-Ittihad woo Ademola Lookman with €11m salary – Newstrends
Connect with us

Sports

Saudi club Al-Ittihad woo Ademola Lookman with €11m salary

Published

on

Ademola Lookman

Saudi club Al-Ittihad woo Ademola Lookman with €11m salary

Saudi club Al-Ittihad has made a generous offer to Atalanta for forward Ademola Lookman, proposing an annual salary of nearly €11 million, according to PUNCH Sports Extra.

According to transfer expert, Rudy Galetti, the Saudi club have also offered Atalanta €30m for the transfer, with negotiations between the clubs ongoing.

Lookman recently won his team’s first European trophy in the UEFA Europa League final, scoring three goals against previously unbeaten Bayer Leverkusen and becoming the match’s hero.

Despite his success, the forward is not in a rush to leave La Dea or European football just yet, but Al-Ittihad is attempting to lure him with substantial financial incentives.

READ ALSO:

Lookman has been playing for Atalanta since the summer of 2022, joining from Leipzig for €9.35m. Last season, he scored 17 goals and provided 10 assists in 45 matches for the Italian club.

The 26-year-old’s performances have attracted interest from several top clubs across Europe. Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Serie A side Juventus are reportedly keen on acquiring Lookman, alongside several top Premier League clubs.

Since making the switch from Bundesliga outfit RB Leipzig to the Italians, Lookman has scored 32 times in 78 matches across all competitions for La Dea. His current contract with Atalanta expires in 2026, and while he is content at the club, he is keeping his options open ahead of the pre-season.

Saudi club Al-Ittihad woo Ademola Lookman with €11m salary

Sports

Ancelotti says mission accomplished as Real Madrid reach cup final

Published

on

Carlo Ancelotti and Kylian Mbappe talking after a Real Madrid game (File photo)

Ancelotti says mission accomplished as Real Madrid reach cup final

It was mission accomplished, said Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti after his side fought back from two-goals behind to snatch a rip-roaring 4-4 draw on Tuesday for a 5-4 aggregate win that put them through against Real Sociedad to the Copa del Rey final.

Ancelotti brushed off questions about a sub-par performance by Real Madrid and praised his players’ effort in what he considered a highly entertaining encounter.

“We have achieved our goal today which was to reach the final and there is not much time to think about it,” Ancelotti told a press conference.

“It was an entertaining game with some mistakes and a lot of good things. It was fun and we are in the final.

READ ALSO:

“I never saw ourselves out of it because anything can happen at the Bernabeu. When we have to come from behind, we never give up. We never give up, especially at home, with the fans by our side.”

Ancelotti said David Alaba was not to blame after he deflected two balls into his own goal, calling it “bad luck” by the Austrian defender, but urged his defence to play with better focus moving forward.

“It’s not good to concede four goals in a game,” Ancelotti said.

“Right now we are a team that has a lot of effectiveness up-front, but little balance.

“However, we can’t ignore what we did in attack, scoring four goals against Real is not that easy. I think we are doing quite well.”

Real Madrid, who have won the Spanish Cup only once in over a decade, will play either Barcelona or Atletico Madrid in a mouth-watering final in Seville next month.

Atletico fought back to hold Barca to a thrilling 4-4 draw ahead of Wednesday’s second-leg in Madrid.

Ancelotti says mission accomplished as Real Madrid reach cup final

Continue Reading

Sports

Saka’s stunning return powers Arsenal to victory over Fulham

Published

on

Bukayo Saka

Saka’s stunning return powers Arsenal to victory over Fulham

Arsenal secured a crucial 2-1 victory over Fulham at the Emirates Stadium, with Bukayo Saka making a triumphant return from injury to score the decisive goal.

The match saw the Gunners dominate possession, but it was Fulham who came closest to scoring in the opening stages.

Arsenal struggled to break down their resolute defence early on, with Gabriel Martinelli having a goal ruled out for offside and several opportunities narrowly missed.

In the 37th minute, Mikel Merino gave Arsenal the lead, collecting a pass from Ethan Nwaneri to strike a low shot past Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno. The first half ended with Fulham unable to find an equaliser, despite a couple of dangerous moments.

READ ALSO:

The turning point came just after the hour mark when Arsenal doubled their advantage. Gabriel Martinelli delivered a perfect cross, and Saka, making his return to action, rose to head home a brilliant goal. The Gunners were cruising with a comfortable 2-0 lead.

However, Fulham responded on added time when Rodrigo Muniz capitalised on a deflected shot to pull one back for the visitors. Despite the late pressure, Arsenal’s defence held firm, and the match finished 2-1 in their favour.

Saka’s return was a key moment, not only for the goal but also for the confidence he brought to the team, sealing another vital three points for Arsenal in their quest for the title.

Saka’s stunning return powers Arsenal to victory over Fulham

Continue Reading

Sports

Maguire, Yoro set for Man United return

Published

on

Harry Maguire and Leny Yoro

Maguire, Yoro set for Man United return

Manchester United manager, Ruben Amorim has confirmed that defenders, Harry Maguire and Leny Yoro are available to play against Nottingham Forest in the Premier League on Tuesday.

The Red Devils boss issued fitness updates on the injured players in the squad including England left-back Luke Shaw, who Amorim says he has returned to training but is still building his fitness before a return to first-team action.

Leny Yoro has suffered repeated injuries this season after arriving at the club from Lille in the summer.

The 19-year-old has been out since March 9 when he picked up a foot injury during United’s draw with Arsenal.

Maguire has been unavailable with a calf injury since the end of February.

READ ALSO:

Amorin confirmed that Luke Shaw returned to training on Friday but also noted that the left-back is still working on his fitness before a return to first-team action.

“Luke [Shaw] is not ready yet. We are starting to do some drills with the team but we are building Luke,” Amorim said.

The Red Devils manager also issued injury updates on Mason Mount, Kobbie Mainoo, Johnny Evans, and Lisandro Martinez.

“Mason Mount is feeling better but he was on the bench in the last game, Kobbie [Mainoo] is almost ready, Jonny [Evans] is recovering, [Lisandro Martínez] is out. [Harry] Maguire is also ready to go to the game and [Leny] Yoro, yes,” Amorim added.

 

Maguire, Yoro set for Man United return

Continue Reading

Trending