VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills - Newstrends
Connect with us

Entertainment

VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills

Published

on

Ahmed Ololade popularly known as Asake and his father, Fatai Odunsi

VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills

Nigerian music star Ahmed Ololade, popularly known as Asake, has promised to purchase a house for his father, Fatai Odunsi, and cover his medical expenses.

This comes just days after Odunsi publicly accused Asake of abandoning him since his health started declining in 2022.

Odunsi, who has been battling stroke, alleged that despite Asake’s fame and fortune, he had not been financially supportive.

However, in a new video released on Sunday, Odunsi confirmed that his son has now reached out to him.

Speaking in Yoruba, he expressed pride in Asake and showered him with prayers.

He added that he called out Asake because it had been a long time since he saw him.

READ ALSO:

Odunsi said: “His mother ought to ask him when last he saw me. That was what got me angry, but we have sorted all the problems. We are no longer fighting.”

He further revealed that Asake has instructed real estate agents to find him a new home, saying “Asake said he will do everything that I want. We have settled, no more problems. They are now looking for a new house that he will buy for me. He has settled everything.”

Additionally, Odunsi confirmed that Asake has agreed to take full responsibility for his 11-year-old daughter, Zeenat.

Odunsi said: “He has never denied his child, but he has now promised to take full responsibility for the child.”

He also mentioned that he would be going to the hospital the next day, as Asake had sent him all the necessary funds for his treatment.

VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills

Entertainment

Mystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car

Published

on

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Moshood Jimoh
Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Moshood Jimoh

Mystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car

The Lagos State Police Command has intensified investigations into the mysterious deaths of two Nollywood production crew members found lifeless inside a parked vehicle at a movie location in Lekki Phase 1.

The case, now under the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, is being treated as an unnatural death, with autopsy and toxicology examinations underway to determine the exact cause.

The deceased were identified as Godstime Imeh, a lighting director and Chief Executive Officer of GeeTee Light, and Walter Odediran, a creative video director popularly known as Director Carrinqton.

Discovery at Film Location

The tragic incident occurred on Saturday, February 7, 2026, at a residential premises where a film directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate, Boma, was being shot.

According to sources familiar with the production, the two men had arrived early at the location to set up lighting equipment for a medical scene reportedly scheduled to be filmed at Evercare Hospital later in the day.

READ ALSO:

After completing their installation around mid-morning, they reportedly decided to rest inside Imeh’s tinted Nissan vehicle while awaiting further instructions.

At about 11am, a crew member delivered breakfast—yam and omelette—to the duo. They were last seen reclining in the vehicle with the air-conditioning running.

Concern arose when repeated phone calls to both men went unanswered by noon. However, their absence did not trigger immediate alarm until evening. Around 7pm, after filming wrapped, colleagues checked the vehicle and found both men unresponsive.

Family sources disclosed that one of the victims was found seated upright with foam around his mouth, while the other was slumped, with traces of blood reportedly visible around his nose, eyes, and mouth.

Case Escalated to SCID

The incident was initially reported at Maroko Police Station but was later transferred to the SCID, Yaba, for comprehensive investigation.

Speaking on the development, Kola Odediran, elder brother of Walter, described the loss as devastating.

“Walter and I were extremely close. He was 36, the last-born of our family.  He worked very closely with Godstime on productions. We want a thorough investigation to know exactly what happened,” he said.

Police sources confirmed that the film producer, members of the production team, the food vendor, the individual who delivered the meal, and management of the hospital linked to the shoot have all been questioned.

The food vendor is currently in custody as part of ongoing investigations.

Multiple Angles Under Review

Investigators are exploring several possible scenarios, including:

Food contamination or poisoning

Carbon monoxide exposure from the running vehicle

Environmental hazards, including heavy-duty industrial generators reportedly located above the parking area

Possible mechanical malfunction

Forensic experts are conducting autopsy and toxicology tests, while the vehicle is undergoing mechanical examination. CCTV footage from the premises is also being reviewed.

Police authorities stated that no conclusion would be drawn until laboratory analyses are completed, stressing that “all possibilities remain open.”

The deaths have sent shockwaves through the Nollywood community, with colleagues calling for improved safety protocols on film locations.

For the bereaved family, however, the focus remains on finding answers.

“This has been extremely painful for us,” Kola said. “Our mother is devastated. We just want the truth.”

 

Mystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Regina Daniels Gifts Mother Two Luxury SUVs in Emotional Surprise

Published

on

Regina Daniels Gifts Mother Two Luxury SUVs

Regina Daniels Gifts Mother Two Luxury SUVs in Emotional Surprise

Popular Nollywood actress Regina Daniels has once again captured public attention after surprising her mother, veteran actress and producer Rita Daniels, with two luxury SUVs in an emotional family celebration.

The heartwarming moment, which has since gone viral on social media, reportedly took place during a private gathering attended by close family members and friends. Videos circulating online show the vehicles being unveiled to loud cheers as Rita Daniels reacted with visible shock and gratitude.

According to posts shared by Regina Daniels, the grand gesture was her way of expressing appreciation for her mother’s unwavering support and sacrifices throughout her acting career. She credited Rita Daniels for guiding her from childhood stardom into becoming one of Nollywood’s most successful young actresses.

Rita Daniels, who currently serves as the Delta State chairperson of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), has long been instrumental in managing her daughter’s career and public image. Industry observers note that her influence played a significant role in Regina’s early breakthrough and sustained success in the Nigerian film industry.

READ ALSO:

Although the exact models of the luxury SUVs were not officially disclosed, clips shared online suggest they are high-end brands valued at several millions of naira. The symbolic presentation of the car keys was captured in videos that have continued to generate reactions across entertainment platforms.

Fans and fellow celebrities flooded social media with congratulatory messages, praising Regina Daniels for celebrating her mother publicly. Many described the gesture as a powerful display of gratitude, family values and success.

Regina Daniels, who is married to businessman and politician Ned Nwoko, remains one of the most followed figures in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Beyond acting, she maintains a strong online presence, often sharing updates about her family life, lifestyle and philanthropic activities.

The surprise gift further underscores her growing influence and financial success within Nollywood, reinforcing her status as one of the industry’s most prominent young stars.

Regina Daniels Gifts Mother Two Luxury SUVs in Emotional Surprise

Continue Reading

Entertainment

NRC, Entertainers Finalise Plans for 2026 Valentine Train Ride

Published

on

Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC)

NRC, Entertainers Finalise Plans for 2026 Valentine Train Ride

A team of leading Nigerian artistes and entertainment executives has paid a courtesy visit to the Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), Kayode Opeifa, ahead of the 2026 Valentine Love Train experience.

The delegation included celebrated musician Sunny Neji, Managing Director of Ojez Entertainment Limited, Joseph Odobeatu, and veteran vocalist Yinka Davies.

The high-profile visit formed part of final preparations for the Valentine-themed train ride scheduled for Saturday, February 14, 2026, at the Mobolaji Johnson Train Station.

Dr. Opeifa received the artistes and commended the creative industry for choosing the national rail system as the venue for the annual Valentine event. He noted that the partnership reflects growing public confidence in the corporation’s safety standards, operational improvements, and renewed focus on customer experience.

READ ALSO:

“The 2026 edition aims to deliver an unforgettable experience while deepening public engagement with the rail service,” Opeifa said, reaffirming the NRC’s commitment to providing secure and efficient transport for passengers during special events.

Organisers disclosed that this year’s edition will feature an expanded entertainment lineup, including performances and appearances by Charles Inojie, Yinka Davies, Sunny Neji, and Segun Arinze. Guests are expected to enjoy live music, comedy, a couple’s game show, fashion showcases, and special performances throughout the Lagos–Ibadan–Lagos train ride, culminating in a Valentine banquet ball.

The Valentine Love Train has in recent years become a fixture on the NRC’s festive calendar, attracting couples, families, and leisure seekers with its blend of travel, romance, and entertainment. The initiative also aligns with ongoing efforts by the corporation to promote rail transportation as a viable and enjoyable alternative for intercity travel.

With final logistics being fine-tuned, organisers say the 2026 edition promises to combine safety, comfort, and premium entertainment for participants.

NRC, Entertainers Finalise Plans for 2026 Valentine Train Ride

Continue Reading
HostArmada Affordable Cloud SSD Shared Hosting
HostArmada - Affordable Cloud SSD Web Hosting

Trending